Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Broiderie Perse Embroidery

Early this morning, I finished highlighting the applique on this piece with Kreinik metallic #4 braid:

I used several colors of the Kreinik metallic rather than just one color.  I wanted the applique to almost look like a painting rather than a piece of fabric applied to a foundation.

Don't forget, I will put together a simple tutorial for Broiderie Perse and post it sometime this coming week.  I'm hoping there are some stitchers out there who will give it a try and send me photos for the Fall issue of CQ Quarterly.

I'm not going to share the entire block at this time but there are a few other things I thought I would discuss as I work on this. 

I have one seam that I embroidered on this piece that does not show up well.  Rather than pulling it out (which I almost never do), I will show you how I make it work using beads.  It's all about working with color. 

Every crazy quilt block offers some unique challenges.  I've kind of gotten away from sharing my works in progress but I think it's time to get back to that.  I'm sure some of the solutions that I use to deal with problem areas will useful to other crazy quilters!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

This block is so beautiful and I love the way the kreinik accents look they are just lovely on the flowers. I would love to learn how to do this, thanks for sharing. Theresa

Mosaic Magpie said...

The embroidery really enhances the motif. Would like to see how you help problem seams.
Deb

Related Posts with Thumbnails